You can change the settings for Wi-Fi security on FRITZ!Box and create a brand new network key to connect to your Wi-Fi network, for instance. If you alter the settings for security, remember that you have to modify the Wi-Fi connection settings on all the wireless devices.
Note: All instructions for configuration and setting in this guide are for the most recent FRITZ!OS version for the FRITZ!Box.
1. Enable Wi-Fi
- Select “Wi-Fi” (“Wireless”) within the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Select “Wi-Fi Network” (“Radio Network”) under the “Wi-Fi” (“Wireless”) menu.
- Make sure that Wi-Fi is enabled.
- Simply click “Apply” to save the settings.
2. Change Wi-Fi’s Security Settings
- Simply click “Wi-Fi” (“Wireless”) on the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Select “Security” in the “Wi-Fi” menu.
- Go to”Encryption” and then click on the “Encryption” tab.
- If you’d like to make use of secure WPA encryption (recommended):
- Select this option “WPA encryption”.
- Choose “WPA2 (CCMP)” for the “WPA mode”. If you’re using old wireless devices that don’t have WPA2 support, you can select “WPA + WPA2”.
- Input a password into the “Network key” field. Make use of numerals, letters or other characters that mix lower and upper case letters.
If you’re looking to use unsecure WEP encryption (not advised):
- Select”WEP encryption” by enabling “WEP encryption”.
- You can enter a password in the “Network key” field.
If you don’t want to utilize encryption (not advised) that will leave your Wi-Fi connection insecure, you can enable the option “non-encrypted”.
Simply click “Apply” to save the settings.
Now , the pop-up screen “Access to Wi-Fi” (“Wireless LAN Access”) that displays the updated Wi-Fi access details for the FRITZ!Box is displayed. Note down or print a copy of the new Wi-Fi connection information and reconfigure your Wi-Fi connection for the FRITZ!Box.